Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ways forward

Think some things are beginning to make sense and the more I write things down the more they become coherent and changes are possible without dramatic gestures - like leaving work!!

Poetry and words are at the core of what I want to be about and artistry is all part of that. It was a lesson I learnt in my professional life as an educator. Artistry and creativity are crucial to my well-being.

 Am sending off a poem to a competition run by Dying Matters and it was one I wrote on the MA at Newcastle in 2008. It sprang from a session run by Bill Herbert based on a translation of a Chinese Poem. It came from facing a difficult situation (teaching bed baths) and I have decided the time is right to put it out there. Be brave... http://www.dyingmatters.org/finalchapters



I sent some of my small stones from January to Fiona Robyn  and one of them is to be included in their 2012 collection – hurray!! www.writingourwayhome.com




No comments:

Post a Comment