Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slow travel

Teaching at 9 this morning meant I left home at 7.45 to stand any chance of getting there on time. it was the first time in a long time I have driven into Newcastle at time of day and have not seen sunrise since October when I was staying near Scarborough.

What a wonderful sight and travelling slowly in the traffic meant I could look at it longer.

All this nonsense about the super high-speed rail link makes me wonder what has happened to us all. Why is travel time seen as time wasted - all that money on saving 20 minutes of travel time. I love being on the train and I find I can write when on the train. I find it quite liberating - tense at times if too cramped but have valued the time sat on a train overhearing conversations!! Anyway I do wonder if it is going to be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment