Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rainy Sunday

Woke at 7.30 to catch sunrise on East Coast but no to no avail - it was raining. The clouds out to sea were amazing but I did not stop to try and capture it as wanted to get my breakfast.
Took a photograph before I left the room as I reflected on the fact that I used to live in a room the same size when I first started nursing - in fact lived in a room the same size for about 5 years. Now I have expanded to fill the space of a 4 bedroomed house. I just wondered whether I could condense my world into one room and realised I would never be in that place again. Very portable back then between 18 and 22 - never made the most of it. Seeking security instead. Should have made the most of it then. 30+ years later my restlessness has no where to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment