Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

Well here we are and it is 2012, I wonder what it will bring.

Went for a walk on the beach at Low Hauxley. The light was wonderful and took some lovely shots. I am going to try and do more with the photography and link it to poetry in a more meaningful way. I also will share this with others through this blog not that anyone will be reading it but that does not seem to matter. I have thought about that quite a bit recently when it comes to writing and audience. I am not sure I am that bothered and I certainly do not want to have poems out there to be savaged by critics…

I am not sure I will ever fit into the mainstream – not enough effort – too much living in the real world and not in the rarefied atmosphere of poem making that seems to be essential for writing GOOD poems, whatever they might be. I am getting more settled about simply writing what I can, paying more attention and enabling others to write poetry and thus finding new and wonderful ways of expressing themselves and giving them a voice amongst the hubbub of a loud and frenetic world.


The link between visual images and poetry is important to me and I need to pay more attention to my observations and gently and carefully create words to go with them. I also need to try not to get inhibited by my internal critic and the voices who convince me no one will be interested in what I have to say - if I am not bothered about an audience then why should that matter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment