Thursday, December 29, 2011

Starting point

After a festive season contemplating how I can link my irritable side with my creative self I had an idea while walking the dog. I think a lot when out and about and often have insight into what is bothering me. Why not blog about it – writing and ventilating at the same time!!






 As we were out a van came along to a local fly tipping site to scavenge for metal & any other valuable scrap. It had all long gone - after all I am sure the selfish and unlawful folk who have dumped the stuff made sure they had got all they could from the dumped, unwanted and overlooked "stuff" that people wanted to get rid of. I am sure the landowner must know what is going on. This is a site that has seen regular deposits and no attempt seems to have been made to prevent trucks getting up onto the site and dumping their stuff. It is a horrible eyesore and one I try to avoid when out with the dog as it upsets me so much. It is a blot on the landscape and in stirs up lots of negative feelings about the people who do it and the people who let them do it, the impotence of laws and local authorities. Here we are in a beautiful corner of the County and yet the fields are made foul and inhospitable by lazy folk who don't want to pay for responsible disposal of the excess we have in society.


Writing about these irritations will, I hope, enable me to work through them and lead me to a more peaceful and creative place where I can rediscover poetry and other soulful activities for myself.


I can also share new discoveries, things that make my heart sing - not sink - excavate the blocks to my well-being and surface the enabling things that I read, see and listen to out there.


Share the good things and start unearthing what I want to do with writing and my being in the world.


Find meaning in what I do and pay attention to the good stuff not the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment